Beautiful Originals ♥

Here are some originals by Jennifer Chung and Chris Cendana



this song is just beautiful...

COPYRIGHT 2008
Music by: Jennifer Chung & Johnny Yang
Lyrics by: Jennifer Chung

Don't you agree
When they all say
"Home is where the heart is."
But do you see
With every step that you take,
You get further away
From where the heart is.

It's so easy to be blinded
& caught up in the clouds where everything's in a haze
Causing you to forget about the days,
Of the common, simple, beautiful ways.

I remember all the times that I had spent with my friends.
Taking BART to San Francisco just for 350 cents.
Talking, laughing, joking - didn't quite k now what was to come.
Years of memories, irreplaceable fun.

I remember telling mom that I'd make her proud one day.
She would smile and knew exactly all the right things to say.
Man, I miss her & can't wait till I get back to the bay.
Back to the common, simple, beautiful ways.

Isn't it nice,
To simply know,
There's somewhere you can go back to.
So it's a big sacrifice
Everytime that you decide
You can't even if you want to.

It's so easy to be blinded
& caught up in the clouds where everything's in a haze
Causing you to forget about the days,
Of the common, simple, beautiful ways.

I remember all the times that I had spent with my friends.
Taking BART to San Francisco just for 350 cents.
Talking, laughing, joking - didn't quite k now what was to come.
Years of memories, irreplaceable fun.

I remember telling mom that I'd make her proud one day.
She would smile and knew exactly all the right things to say.
Man, I miss her & can't wait till I get back to the bay.
Back to the common, simple, beautiful ways.

So even though,
I am happy now,
I'll never forget where I'm from & how I came to be.

What was common, ended up to be
A very unique treasure I have now decided to keep.

I remember all the times that I had spent with my friends.
Taking BART to San Francisco just for 350 cents.
Talking, laughing, joking - didn't quite k now what was to come.
Years of memories, irreplaceable fun.

I remember telling mom that I'd make her proud one day.
She would smile and knew exactly all the right things to say.
Man, I miss her & can't wait till I get back to the bay.
Back to the common, simple, beautiful ways.




Another beautiful song...

When The Lights Burn Out
By Chris Cendana
Copyright 2007

When it's cold, i think of you and things feel like old times
And the laughs we had warm me inside
my mind is at ease
when thinking of you and me

Had a fight on our last go round
No idea my world would come right down
With nothing left to hold
It crazy to know, you'd still be there

And I want you to know, I'll be here till my hair falls out
and shining when the lights burn out
I know it's been while but I can't help smile
When you turn my world upside down
Yes, I know it's been years since we've talked on the phone this long
And didn't say who was wrong
Let's try to make this right
I need some of you in my life

Take some time to reflect on the day that our friendship was set aside
By the words that got mixed up in my mind
A simple flaw is enough to destroy us all
I admit I was wrong, but dragging this out too long
Was enough for me to write this song
And say I'm sorry for all the things I've done.

And I want you to know, I'll be here till my hair falls out
and shining when the lights burn out
I know it's been while but I can't help smile
When you turn my world upside down
Yes, I know it's been years since we've talked on the phone this long
And didn't say who was wrong
Let's try to make this right
I need some of you in my life

When the lights burn out. . .



very catchy tune and gosh he wrote it in 30 mins...

Velvet Fingertips
by Chris Cendana
Copyright 2006 Chris Cendana

close your eyes
tell me what you see
is it you alone standing
awaiting patiently

you know i love to guess what you're thinking
it's fun, don't you agree?
to try to play a psychic
to such a mystery

when i close my eyes
i fly above the trees
so i can watch the sun
crash into the sea
running through the clouds
breathing in the breeze
oh, how it soothes

(chorus)
if you only knew
what you do to me
or feel what i can do
or see what i can see
i feel i'm next to you
when i fall asleep
when i think of you

don't try to use a knife
to get inside my head
cause if you truly loved me
you'd care if i was dead

you know i love to joke
if i didn't
i would not be me
but if you were a book
who know what i could read

cause when i close my eyes
i can feel your lips
kiss the perfect parts
like velvet fingertips
relaxing on the sand
the wine we have to sip
is so very sweet

(chorus)
(soloing)

Comments

Popular Posts