Boys and Chocolate

It's funny and weird how you thought you've lost all the love you could have for someone and then through something, find it again and remind yourself of why you liked that person in the first place.

No, I'm not talking about anyone in particular, only TVXQ/DBSK/TVfXQ! that group that made me like Korean pop music in the first place. They've been so overrated with a huge group of teeny-booper fans (or not so teeny-booper fans) in Malaysia. With fans going so crazy that I had to take a step back and go "no, I don't want to be like them, therefore I shall stop liking TVXQ." That never happened. Nope, never took place. I may have been critical about them but deep down inside I still like their songs and I've learnt to like them for their work as singers and nothing else.

I remember how last time in Lyndy's car we had this conversation about TVXQ and it involved me saying "I think Changmin is quite useless so he might leave first." Don't kill me for this if you're a fan and you happen to stumble upon this blog but hear me out. I'd take that back if I could. Watching them perform live in the showcase for Kim Jung Eun's Chololate, I realised one thing--like how Shinhwa cannot lack one member, each TVXQ member does their part and I cannot and should not have said that any one member was useless. It's like agreeing that KiHyun should be kicked out of Battle cause he was useless (till this day I don't agree to his leaving of Battle).

You see, if age doesn't make u wiser, time does. Ignore the conspiracy behind a lot of things and look at the very nature of it. Just one simple question, "Do you like them or not?" Regardless of image, wanting to be seen as a more observant, objective and truly sensible fan of Korean music; I do like their music. They're just good. They're not the best and they weren't always good, but no one's perfect. We strive towards that perfection and we would always hope that people would hear us out, wait for us to get better and show them what we've got. Every person deserves the very least THAT. That one chance to always be praised.

I've decided to change my ways. Thanks to them I did get exposed to the world of Korean music and even went on to learn Korean, etc. For the very least they deserve credit because there are a lot more people in love with and exposed to Korean music now. And I say it again, ignore the conspiracy and all the stuff about crazy fangirls and get down to the basic nature asking yourself "Do you like them?", "Do you like their voices?", "Do you like their music?" and if without thinking you can answer yes, I'm sure it's pretty obvious where your heart lies. Hats off to TVXQ for being able to continue to make it big.


Here's a clip. I really like the song.

Comments

Popular Posts