I <3 Nic
I love this lecturer who is the course coordinator for 2 of my subjects, Nic. He's so nice and I think the way he runs the courses is good, like for real good. Also, I like him cause haha can you believe it? For one of my assignments I can actually watch an episode of "Sex and The City" and study it!
Okay so I have to do a discourse analysis on something and I picked feminism in popular culture. So I asked him does my media text have to be like news and such cause I mean popular culture and news, they totally don't relate. So anyway I said that the book I was looking at talked about Ally McBeal and Sex and The City. So well he said "yeah you could watch and episode and then explain the synopsis to me plus look at what discourses are brought out from the show." Next, he even told me that I won't be needing a transcript for the show! Usually lecturers would require a transcript for whatever TV, radio broadcasts but not him! Also, he extended our assignment due dates. Man, I thank God for such good lecturers in my final sem.
Okay so I have to do a discourse analysis on something and I picked feminism in popular culture. So I asked him does my media text have to be like news and such cause I mean popular culture and news, they totally don't relate. So anyway I said that the book I was looking at talked about Ally McBeal and Sex and The City. So well he said "yeah you could watch and episode and then explain the synopsis to me plus look at what discourses are brought out from the show." Next, he even told me that I won't be needing a transcript for the show! Usually lecturers would require a transcript for whatever TV, radio broadcasts but not him! Also, he extended our assignment due dates. Man, I thank God for such good lecturers in my final sem.

Comments