Fate?

The pretty white flowers
They bloom every summer
Their fragrant soothing smell
It fills every corner

Walking to the shops
We once visited together
Past the glances of happy faces
For us, nothing would ever matter

The sweet mornings
Filled with thoughts of you
Gave me strength to go on
Gave me strength to continue

I’ve walked my life alone
Then you came in and broke the mould
You filled that little black hole
But now everything’s turned cold

How did we break?
How did it fall apart?
Was it the lemon slices,
That made our story turn sour, made us part?

The strawberry cake slices
The wonderful dinners we had
I remember your cooking
Surprisingly, it wasn’t too bad

Your loving encouragement
The calls before bedtime
The warm feeling I get
When I hug you, just to feel you’re mine

I had everything
That I’d ever wanted
You smiled like you were happy
Like you were contented

Underneath the cares
I felt insecure
What was this feeling of losing you?
Was it just me? I wasn’t sure

Worries took a toll
I decided to break up
Now the hole is bigger than before
Patches of plasters all over my heart

When you get angry
And things are tearing apart
Hates fuels the fury
You wish you’d never gave your heart

After a quarrel
A rash decision made
Wanting to go back in time
It might be too late

Loves comes with trust
Trust comes with faith
Faith comes with opening up
Believing it is fate.

Comments

Popular Posts