This Marks the Beginning

Welcome to the world of adulthood they say. Yeap, I am legal now. To do what? Vote of course! Not like I would go to pubs. Oh yes and I can enter Genting casinos too! But yeah, won't want to wander off into those places either--it scares me seeing those sleepless faces placing their every ringgit on the table to bet, hoping lady luck would be by their side.
I'm officially 21, and it's the best 21 I could ever wish for. I never expected anything big, and the not-so-big-but-bigger-than-usual celebration was good enough for me. It's totally different from the pictures of my fellow friends whose 21st birthdays are celebrated in a huge manner--they dress up and have parties at their place. Mine was celebrated mostly in church haha.

Let me start with my birthday eve. I was at home and Wen Li (my housemate) wasn't home yet. I sorta guessed she would do something with my old housemate Yun Wei, so I decided to sms Wen Li to tell her not to surprise me HAHA. I sent the first sms just asking what time she was coming back. Then in the second sms I told her not to surprise me cause I was going to sleep early (which was a lie cause I didn't plan to and I just wanted to see her reaction). Then a little after 11 she came home. I was just talking to her then my bro called. Actually, Yun Wei was already outside our door, waiting to come in with the cake but I was still on the phone so Wen Li had to fake it and talk loudly saying "Eh, don't talk on the phone so long ar!" After talking to my bro I went to take out my contact lenses and when I came out of the toilet, there they were, cake and camera ready. Knowing how greasy and bad I looked, I closed the toilet door and went to shower. Haha, it was so funny cause they were outside singing the happy birthday song for the second time, waiting for me to come out but I went to shower instead XD. So I showered, made sure I dried my hair and then came out. They gave me this =_=" look. So anyway, we had cake, white wine and took some pictures.

Now on my birthday itself, I spent the whole morning watching vids on youtube and then got ready for church. I was put on ushering today, then after we prepared everything and prayed, Eileen came over and wished me Happy Birthday in front of the other ushers so they all started singing Happy Birthday for me. =_=" I was quite embarassed cause there were other people around, waiting to go in the hall for sunday service. Felt so paiseh but I thanked them and then went to do my ushering duties. While I was in the hall ushering, Shin Yee came in, saw me and reached for her handbag to pull out a present. It was my first present of the day! I was so surprised she actually remembered! During service, I had a bunch of smses from my sis, E-lyn (my bro's gf), my mom, my dad; and Sean, seeing me check my phone, sent me an sms to wish me too (even though he was sitting beside me)! After service ended, I went to help wash the communion cups and that was when Mel came over and said Ame was looking for me (I already expected it lah HAHA). I went in, saw them gathering around the cake and they sang me another birthday song ^^; It wasn't anything like huge and it was just a coles cake but it was nice. The day ended with a few of us going for dinner while the rest had to go back to rush for assignments, etc.
Shin Yee gave me a hard cover journal, Ame gave me a kikki.K notebook and pen, Christine gave me one of her bags (she sells bags) and an accessory, Wen Li gave me a blouse and a teddy keychain, bro offered to pay for my country road bag, and Fei got me earphones (I lost my Apple earphones and was looking to buy one). I got dozens of well wishes on facebook (down to a long lost i-don't-even-remember-her primary school mate) and oh, got an sms from Dad and managed to talk to him through sms (it's a first).




And I bought for myself a notebook and a matching CD case using the Borders gift card I got for my birthday last year (finally used up every penny of it). Overall, my day was full of love. Who says you need the whole hoohah celebration cause u're 21 eh?
Comments