Totoro!




























Totoro!

LOL I wanted to try making a Totoro sandwich ever since I stumbled upon www.annathered.wordpress.com's Totoro peanut butter sandwich and her tutorial. It looked pretty easy but really, don't be fooled, cause making food look like a ghibli character isn't easy. My totoro was a bit weird really, moonchan named it totoro's cousin LOL oh well at least I tried. It was the hardest trying to cut totoro's black eyeballs (which were actually seaweed) cause I didn't have a small enough straw and cutting such small circles with a scissors required skill that I did not possess. What I did instead was cut the seaweed into semi circles, hence the weird looking totoro. Totoro is made out of cheese (eye white parts and stomach), bread (body, ears, nose, whiskers, shapes on totoro's stomach), and seaweed (totoro's black eyeballs). Using peanut butter was easier because the bread would stick together easily and the peanut butter totoro tasted yummy :D

Had Ham n cheese sandwiches at the bottom, yoghurt (I've finally found Yoplait!) and a plum.




























This was the quiche I had made. Sorta failed really cause I didn't think to stretch the puff pastry and because of that, I had to cook the quiche longer to make sure the thick pastry was cooked through. Cooking the quiche longer actually made my egg parts all dry and ugly but oh well it tasted ok. I should really try with shortcrust pastry next but I'm just too lazy to make them. Ah, I did buy the puff pastry after all so the work was much less.

I don't have a bento pic of the quiche because I was in a rush and had no time to take a pic. Also, my bento was ugly cause I couldn't fit the quiches in nicely. Haha, bentos that do make it to the blog are really lucky cause they survive my laziness to get here.

p/s: totoro is missing one whisker on each side cause I ran out of nice bread skins HAHA

Comments

Popular Posts