Wednesday Bento

Another Bento entry. Hope no one is sick of food cause these bentos will just keep on popping up.

























I usually put my rice on the bottom tier but I wanted to eat less rice so I moved it to the top tier (which is a little bit deeper) but I put in half the amount of rice. I lined the base with lettuce for decoration purposes and also to soak up the oil from the siew yoke. Moving along...

























This is the 2nd tier, where I put all my fruits and veggies! The food cup foil takes up half the space so I was deciding whether to put my stir fried spinach in the cup or outside. I decided to put the veggies outside cause I wanted some fruits in there today. Dragon fruits give bentos a really pretty purple color! Since the carrots were boiled and not seasoned, I thought it would be okay to place it in the same food cup as the dragon fruits, lining them nicely.

























I packed this for moonchan. Took a pic of it cause the presentation for this bento is totally different from my blue bento box. This tupperware is a rectangular one, with a food divider provided. I usually put the rice on one side of the divider, while the dishes go onto the more spacious side of the box.

I put in one piece of coral lettuce, again for decoration and also to soak up the oil from the siew yoke. After putting in the siew yoke, I created a boiled carrot barrier to separate the meat from the vegetables. This one has no fruits in it.

The box I prepared for moonchan is definitely easier to decorate because it's big and spacious. It also looks prettier I think compared to my blue bento. However, the portions are bigger as well--so it really depends on what you want in your bento and the size of it hehe.

Tomorrow I'm making plain korokkes (croquettes) and I'm planning to try out something new... *fingers crossed* I hope they turn out well!

p/s: This is why I can not stop thinking about food everyday! I love thinking about what to put inside my bento n how to decorate it. Sigh.

Comments

Popular Posts