Where Do Surnames Come From?

I'm tired.

Work has been piling up and it's a roller coaster ride. Next week is casting week! Yippee! I get to see the voice actors come in and do their stuff (FINALLY) and I get to see the lengchai actor Moon has been talking about ever since I could remember! I'm quite familiar with his voice (not to mention his younger brother and sister's too) cause I've been cross checking scripts with some shows and they are somewhat the lead roles.

Oh, and a funny tidbit is, their family name is FRIEND. They're the Friend Family LOL. These situations happened before:

Moonchan: Hi, are you Marcus Friend's Friend? Can you come in for an audition?

AND

Marcus Friend's Friend: Hi, I'm Marcus Friend's Friend.

AND

Moonchan: Hey shu, bosses are going for dinner with the friend family, you wanna go?
Me: Erm, do we have to? But it's their friend's family right, can [I] don't go?
Moonchan: They are going to treat Marcus Friend's family before they leave the country.
Me: OH, you mean the Friend Family.... ><"

yeah... and today, moonchan said she was talking to our ladyboss about how funny the Friend family's surname is when our ladyboss went like "Yeah, but male boss's surname is Powers, which is even weirder, like Austin Powers...HAHAHA"

Yes, my bosses are funny people.

Which made me wonder... All the weird surnames like Longbottom and stuff...where do they come from? I really wonder how their family lineage is like for them to have these surnames. Mr. Friend and Mr. Powers...sounds like some anonymous fake name doesn't it?

Comments

Popular Posts