Someone Else
The sunset skyline from my condo.
Adults are complicated beings, I tell myself to not turn out like those adults with characteristics I cannot stand, but sometimes I realise that I do the very things they do and I am just like that.
Kay always said that no matter how much we say we don't want to grow up like a certain person, somehow we will still turn out like that person under similar circumstances. That thought haunts me all the time...
Somewhere inside me I have this fear of turning into someone I dislike especially if I ever am in a relationship (which is why I'm thankful I'm not) so I have less to think and worry about.
Logically, it's mentally tiring--the worrying I mean.
Then again, sometimes I pity the people with such unlike-able characteristics because when you think of it, they are living with this constant fear of something that they turn all defensive and I'm sure there's a reason to why they've turned out like that.
I guess we just need to be in constant check, to see how we were and how we are like now. If it ever seems like you're turning into someone you don't like, take a step back and look up, a soft tugging inside might be the voice to tell you it's not too late to change and go back.


Comments