It Pays To Be Habitual

It so happens that I frequent the restaurants downstairs a lot, buying food for my bosses. Being creatures of habit, they can eat the same thing every single day, and their food choices don't vary that much.

After working here for almost 5 months, the uncles in the restaurant downstairs have already started to recognize me, plus I always ask for the receipt, which is quite rare. Now, everytime I order something, they'll give me a receipt automatically -- makes me laugh when I think of it (:

Today when I went downstairs to tapao (takeaway) for my bosses, I got meself some freebies!

Uncle: Eh, how many people in your office ar?
Me: Erm, five people.
Uncle: I give you pumpkin cake want or not? Free one, don't charge you one.
Me: Err...
Uncle: You come here, I show you. It's like yam cake like that one, fresh one.
Me: Oh, okay. Thanks! *big smile*

I was actually quite hungry while waiting for my bosses food cause I was fasting lunch. It was dinner time and I was contemplating on buying food too, but decided I should go home and eat. Getting the free pumpkin cakes, I felt, was really God's blessing LOL.

Thank you, Uncle @ Happy Chef Restaurant! You help me save money and I get to fill my stomach :D

I only ate a few pieces, moonchan took the rest back to make a stirfry out of the pumpkin cakes, ala stirfry carrot cake style.

In case you're thinking a sweet form of cake, it actually looks more like this -->
















picture credits: http://chinneeq.wordpress.com/

p/s: I've also become a familiar customer at the sandwich place and the mamak downstairs.

Sando Place
Me: *walks to the counter*
Man: Pannini Number 4?
Me: *nods and smiles* Err...
Man: Come back later?
Me: *laughs* Yeah...
Man: Sure!

Mamak stall
Me: *walks in*
Man: Hello, bungkus teh halia? (translation: takeaway ginger tea?)
Me: Ya...

When I don't order the usual, they will ask why LOL.

Comments

Popular Posts