when it hits you hard
As I lie in my bed and try to go to sleep, I am engulfed in this darkness while the memories of Brisbane flood my mind.
I knew I would feel this sadness sooner or later. This feeling of wanting to go back in time to keep what I had around me--making it last a little longer. I miss the streets of Brisbane, I miss the bus rides, I miss the river, I miss my apartment, I miss uni and most of all, I miss life group, I miss my friends and I miss church.
I actually had tears running down my cheek as I looked out the window at the fireworks far ahead. I thought to myself the irony of feeling sad while others were celebrating heaven knows what elsewhere.
So, it took me one month and a week to feel that sadness everyone felt when I had left. That long, to realise how much I missed them. I guess the thought of other people who have already left and are home comforts me a little, at least I'm not the only one missing everyone else.
Sentimental but unavoidable, people miss what they've once tasted and loved.
One question I've always asked myself: Did I make the right decision to come back?
I really don't know.
I knew I would feel this sadness sooner or later. This feeling of wanting to go back in time to keep what I had around me--making it last a little longer. I miss the streets of Brisbane, I miss the bus rides, I miss the river, I miss my apartment, I miss uni and most of all, I miss life group, I miss my friends and I miss church.
I actually had tears running down my cheek as I looked out the window at the fireworks far ahead. I thought to myself the irony of feeling sad while others were celebrating heaven knows what elsewhere.
So, it took me one month and a week to feel that sadness everyone felt when I had left. That long, to realise how much I missed them. I guess the thought of other people who have already left and are home comforts me a little, at least I'm not the only one missing everyone else.
Sentimental but unavoidable, people miss what they've once tasted and loved.
One question I've always asked myself: Did I make the right decision to come back?
I really don't know.

Comments