The grape picker's song

The term grape picker was derived from the word "penganggur" which means unemployed but when literally translated can mean grape picker. Enjoy~

Staring into the flashing screen
All that I hear is the TV scream
"Stop bumming around you lazy ass!"
"Shut up!" I scream in my head, I couldn't care less

I coop up in my own room staring into space
If I had someone to meet that wouldn't be the case
I open up my wallet and count the ringgits
Want to shop but I can't even think it

"Have you got a job yet?"
Oh I hate that question
"Have you seen me busy yet?!"
Consider my position!

Oh how I wish jobs were waiting for me
But we all know it's hard in the media industry
What's more in this horrid economic crisis
"What? Fresh graduate? Give it a pass, give it a miss"

Everything will be fine
I sing in my head
If unemployed by June
You know I'll be dead

Back in my cosy little living room
I sit in the dark, I sit in the gloom
It's not my fault the world's economy sucks
It's not my fault, it's just my luck

Comments