is it about me or them?

You know, the other day I was in a quarrel with my mom. About how I would do anything for my friends and I wouldn't no anything for her. I'd leave her to do all the chores or errands she had by herself and complain whenever she asked me to do something. In her words "next time I won't ask you for anything!"

You know what I'd always tell others? My mom never thinks of all the things I HAVE done for her and jumps to conclusions that I hate her.The next morning, we act normal and have conversations and the past is put behind. When I do something really nice, she'll praise me again and again, bragging to all her friends. So what's that all about eh?

Each and every day, do people really think about what others have done for them in the past and count the many blessings that has happened in the past for them to overlook the current hurt they experience? Hmm, I think I should hold that thought and realise I'm in the wrong too. I should have thought about what my mom does for me so much that I even had the cheek to start that argument with her (even ignoring my grandfather and sitting in the car when we were outside his house because I was crying).

I started this post, wanting to tell how my mom has ignored the things I've done for her to tell me that I don't care about her, but halfway through it made me think about what I was saying. I never thought of what my mom did for me every single day that I had to quarrel with her on that particular one. I think I blame myself now for being so rude and for causing her so much hurt.

Do we really put ourselves in other people's shoes and think sometimes?

Comments