EKKA
Spending close to AUD100 in 2 days is not what I usually do. Especially not in Australia since I'm not earning any money and AUD100 would very much equal to RM300. Having said that, I broke out of the norm and had fun (spending money) for 2 days.

For those of you who don't know, 13/08/08 was a public holiday in Queensland called People's Day. It's not really some sort of actual holiday but rather a holiday the government decided to come up with because of EKKA, the Brisbane yearly exhibition show which runs for a week. The Wednesday in EKKA week would always be a public holiday and everyone is encouraged to go to the EKKA for a fun-filled day.
It's my first time there I should add, I didn't go last year. Reason being it's expensive to go so once is enough-which is why I picked to go this year cause it'll be my last year here. The funny thing about EKKA is, the entrance ticket costs AUD16 and once you are inside, everything costs you money as well (except maybe the food tasting area which Sean mentioned). Everything down to the showground map cum guide which would cost u 3 dollars! Food stuff like a corn dog (called Dagwood Dog here) costs you freaking AUD4.50. Other activities that incur costs include playing funfair games, sitting on roller coaster rides which cost about AUD5-7 each and purchasing showbags which costs anything from AUD4-35.
So then having said that, I went twice. Why? Cause God blessed me with a friend working there and she had this Exhibitor pass which she gave me so that I wouldn't have to buy the entrance ticket. On the other day when I was still deciding if I should go again, I got an email saying the book I put up for sale in the 2nd hand bookshop at Uni got sold and I could collect money. Haha so yes, I went because God blessed me finances wise. On Wednesday I went with my housemates and then joined Jon, Charm and Adeline on Thursday. With different company I thought the experience at EKKA would be different so yeah I went twice. Though I'm sure I missed this huge part of the showgrounds where they had another ferris wheel, international food tasting and petting zoo T_T TWICE.
So then, no more blabbing and more pictures!

Wen Li, ready to eat her Dagwood Dog

The Black and White pictures with wooden frames..

The stadium

The ferris wheel and other games plus roller coasters

A few of the games in the area.

The housemates

Teddy racing game~

Roller Ghoster

Have fun at the EKKA

Showbags~ Basically bags with goodies inside which supposedly costs less than it's usual retail price.

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Yeap, they have themed show bags too where you get spongebob frisbees, water bottles, soft toys and so on for the price of say AUD20.

Showbag pavillion

Soft toys for sale

Real strawberry ice-cream

Scooby Dooby Doo~

I wish I had a boyfriend who would pay for everything including sitting on the ferris wheel

They were really cute you'd want to buy one home. But if your house isn't that of a farm or with huge excess land, it's better not to.

I wondered why the sheep were so hairy they look like poodles

does it? XD

Me and Adeline. She's younger than me but taller >.<"
Last minute before the train came Jon and Charm decided they wanted to get the light sabers HAHA. EKKA brings out the kid in you.

Jonathan and his signature "look-like-you're-looking-away" pose.

For those of you who don't know, 13/08/08 was a public holiday in Queensland called People's Day. It's not really some sort of actual holiday but rather a holiday the government decided to come up with because of EKKA, the Brisbane yearly exhibition show which runs for a week. The Wednesday in EKKA week would always be a public holiday and everyone is encouraged to go to the EKKA for a fun-filled day.
It's my first time there I should add, I didn't go last year. Reason being it's expensive to go so once is enough-which is why I picked to go this year cause it'll be my last year here. The funny thing about EKKA is, the entrance ticket costs AUD16 and once you are inside, everything costs you money as well (except maybe the food tasting area which Sean mentioned). Everything down to the showground map cum guide which would cost u 3 dollars! Food stuff like a corn dog (called Dagwood Dog here) costs you freaking AUD4.50. Other activities that incur costs include playing funfair games, sitting on roller coaster rides which cost about AUD5-7 each and purchasing showbags which costs anything from AUD4-35.
So then having said that, I went twice. Why? Cause God blessed me with a friend working there and she had this Exhibitor pass which she gave me so that I wouldn't have to buy the entrance ticket. On the other day when I was still deciding if I should go again, I got an email saying the book I put up for sale in the 2nd hand bookshop at Uni got sold and I could collect money. Haha so yes, I went because God blessed me finances wise. On Wednesday I went with my housemates and then joined Jon, Charm and Adeline on Thursday. With different company I thought the experience at EKKA would be different so yeah I went twice. Though I'm sure I missed this huge part of the showgrounds where they had another ferris wheel, international food tasting and petting zoo T_T TWICE.
So then, no more blabbing and more pictures!

Wen Li, ready to eat her Dagwood Dog

The Black and White pictures with wooden frames..

The stadium

The ferris wheel and other games plus roller coasters

A few of the games in the area.

The housemates

Teddy racing game~

Roller Ghoster

Have fun at the EKKA

Showbags~ Basically bags with goodies inside which supposedly costs less than it's usual retail price.

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Yeap, they have themed show bags too where you get spongebob frisbees, water bottles, soft toys and so on for the price of say AUD20.

Showbag pavillion

Soft toys for sale

Real strawberry ice-cream

Scooby Dooby Doo~

I wish I had a boyfriend who would pay for everything including sitting on the ferris wheel

They were really cute you'd want to buy one home. But if your house isn't that of a farm or with huge excess land, it's better not to.

I wondered why the sheep were so hairy they look like poodles

does it? XD

Me and Adeline. She's younger than me but taller >.<"

Last minute before the train came Jon and Charm decided they wanted to get the light sabers HAHA. EKKA brings out the kid in you.

Jonathan and his signature "look-like-you're-looking-away" pose.

Comments