Selamat Hari Merdeka Ke-51

Every year, Petronas never fails to release their ads, aimed at the community in showing how much they care. This year's Merdeka Ad from Petronas was funny and heart warming at the same time so check it out HERE. I still rate that Chinese New Year one best though, it really made you think of those who had no families to celebrate with.

Next up, a promo/review of the albums that I like.

No.1 on my list is Younha



















Firstly, I love her new look. Next, I love her voice still which is so versatile she can go from rock to ballad just like THAT. If you like Kelly Clarkson's style of songs, she'll be a winner. I love every song in her album, that includes the two I put on my BGM music player, and many many more. There aren't a lot of albums I would love as in love every song in it. Some songs become boring for me and some are just not my cup of tea but "Someday" is really really good.

1) Gossip Boy - Pop-rockish, good start to the album~
2) Memories - This song features Tablo and the sounds are similar to "Umbrella" by Epik High featuring Younha. It has a very catchy tune that sticks to your head.
3) Hero - A strong rock element mixed with her strong vocals makes it a really good song.
4) Someday - Rockish but slower than Hero, the likes of F.I.R's hit songs
5) Telepathy - Similar to Password 486, her usual style of upbeat pop rock blended with piano.
6) Rain and The Bar - An instrumental that prepares you for the next track
7) The Sound of Rain - It reminds you of the Alicia Keys songs everyone loves (piano Jazzy tune) and I was surprised shewas so good at this genre too!
8) Rainbow - a song that is very comfortable to listen to. Like the track's name this song paints a pretty picture of the feeling of happiness and love.
9) Best Friend - like its song name, talks about a best friend. Think Camp Rock, Hillary Duff and Lindsy Lohan (and no not the kiddish and bad stuff but the song styles!)
10) Strawberry Days - The accoustic guitar makes it the kind of song you would want to listen to when in a coffee shop with a cuppa, staring out the window.
11) For Catharina - Another short piano instrumental
12) Hating - A piano ballad piece self-composed by Younha.
13) My Song and... - Her first all english track? Another nice track plus her english is not fobby
14) Don't Cry - Another one of her lighter more casual, comfortable feeling songs about not crying after a breakup but living and loving life after.
15) Memory (Original Mix)
16) Telepathy (Instrumental)
17) Hating (Instrumental)


No.2 on my list is Miley Cyrus















Now before you go all "Disney-lover-watch-out!" on me, I actually thought her song 7 things was quite cool. I mean the lyrics and the song, everything! Mind you, I have no likes for Hannah Montana and I have only watched it once, during when I was back in Malaysia for the winter holidays to see what all the Hannah Montana craze was all about you know, that's how I got to know her. Songs by Disney are cheesy, super cheesy but heck one cannot deny that those that perform them have good vocals. Ignore Zac Afron Efron and the High School Musical cast cause they're just uber cheesy. I mean I think Jonas Brothers's When You Look Me In The Eyes was really nice though Camp Rock was just another cheesy movie by Disney (YES I WATCHED IT SO KILL ME I WAS BORED =.=") So I won't staple that "yer, they're from Disney" image on them. And the likes of Britney, Christina and Justin Timberlake were ALL from Disney remember? I won't go into details about her album cause I haven't listened to all the other tracks.


No.3 on my list is Metro Station
















Yeap, if you don't already know, one of Metro Station's band members is Miley Cyrus's step brother. AHA! I knew you didn't know! At first when Jess was telling me she likes this new band called Metro Station and she can't find their album I was all like "uh okay~" not knowing who or what metro station is and it kept sounding like petrol station HAHA but yeah if you have not heard of their song Shake It, you have been living in a hole without astro (like me for 20 years).

*I'll edit with more elaborations of the Miley and Metro Station albums later. I need to finish my assignment for tomorrow first ^^*

Comments

Popular Posts