I never really knew the feeling of having to choose what you want from what you are supposed to do. You know when you watch movies or dramas the plot will be the lead has to choose between maybe something like his family and saving the world kind of thing. Of course mine isn't of that big a scale, but the struggle is still there. Like they say - you win some, you lose some. Something has to be sacrificed in order for something else to take place and the sacrifice may be something you treasure a lot.

For me I learned the "sacrifice" when I had to come to Australia to study. Then, when I made the decision to come overseas, it was way before I knew I had a passion for Korean music and also that I could go so far in terms of getting closer to my dream within the 1 year plus I before I had to come to Australia.

About my dream - I loved music since a long time ago and I'm the kind of person who will buy albums, go for showcases and stuff. And well, one of the reasons I wanted to study Mass Communication was cause I loved TV, radio, newspapers and magazines (entertainment wise of course not the news part of the various media) and I thought how cool would it be if I got to meet so and so and write an article on them or maybe even interview them and it was part of my job to meet famous people!

SO yes, back to my story, since I started to get closer to my dream, I realized I got further from God. I began to doubt if my plan in life is what God wants. When the time came for me to come to Australia, I struggled and disliked it because I would have to be here for 2 years and it was as if I was being taken away from my dream which was happening in Malaysia. However, as I prayed for God's understanding, I realized God has a plan for me in Brisbane and whatever it may be it would be the best for me cause I prayed that I would be closer to the Lord again. Don't get me wrong, I pray, I read the Bible, I go to church...it's just that I didn't spend as mych time with God and somehow felt further from God since I got closer to my dream. Anyway, true enough when I came here I richly experience the grace and goodness of the Lord and once again I was in the company of good Christians who had God in their lives and were passionate about doing the work of the Lord.

This was when my simple life felt complicated all of a sudden. My plan in life didn't involved doing anything big for God, unlike my friends! Was I supposed to do the work of the Lord and devote my whole life to it or could I still go after my dream? I really didn't know which to choose or whether it was even a matter of having to make a choice - maybe I could use my dream to do God's work. But then again, I don't even know if God's plan for me is to use my dream to do His work.

Right now, I'll just do my best in my studies and leave the rest to God. I always look at the present and do my best cause even though I am confused because I know that my future is in His hands. Like they say, when you fight with God, God will always win. ^^ For now, my plan is to finish up studies here and apply for a scholarship to study in Korea. If God's plan for me is to let me go, he will grant that scholarship...if not, I will work and step by step I know I will get to where I am supposed to be by His grace.

p/s: Thanks Jim for all the songs and dramas. Prison Break here I come AHHAHAH.

Comments

Popular Posts