Genji @ PJ Hilton
This is the season of time again where I feel God is showing me a few doors I can choose to walk through. It's a time where I want to do my best, take the keys I feel that might be the right ones and then hand them all over to Him, with faith he will pass me the key to the right door.
I've learnt a hard lesson last year and I really want to walk with Him and hear Him this year. I guess I also have to also be prepared to receive the key to what I might think is the smallest door, and yet not be disappointed and trust Him whole heartedly that behind that small door leads the biggest garden ever, with fruits that I myself cannot even imagine.
****************
On a sidenote, went to eat at Genji Japanese Restaurant in PJ Hilton. Food was really expensive, not too shabby, a tad on the salty side and overall nothing to rave about.
No pictures cause I didn't have Doongie with me, and I tested my SE phone cam but the pics were too dark so I didn't bother. Mom had their teppanyaki bento which cost RM85--it came with teppan salmon, teppan chicken, teppan scallops, teppan mushrooms, salad, miso soup, chawan mushi, rice, pickles and fruits.
The teppan stuff was a bit on the salty side, so you have to have them with rice. Having said that, the overall teppan dishes were really nicely seasoned and flavourful. The salad and miso along with the fruits were a bit too much I would say. I mean, with all the dishes and rice and tea, we seriously had no space for the other stuff; but we ate them anyway cause the meal was expensive.
I had a beef katsudon that came with miso soup and pickles, along with a soft shell crab temaki. So the soft shell crab temaki cost RM13 and wasn't really worth the price. I mean, it tasted no different from a soft shell crab temaki I could eat for RM6 in Sushi Tei (in Tropicana City Mall)! I don't mean to diss but a temaki is a temaki and unless it's from Sushi King, it wouldn't go wrong.
Anyway, moving along. The beef katsudon was spectacular! The beef was surprisingly soft and tender; well cooked but not dry; flavourful and moist. It was weird tasting a beef katsudon for the first time ever but I'd say it sorta worked. Huge piece of beef too I might add, for RM48 it was a winner for me. It was more worth it than eating sushi which was RM20-30 for ONE PIECE! The otoro (tuna belly) sushi was RM55!
And yeah well, like I said, nothing to rave about.
Total bill came up to RM173 for 2 people! I guess I'm really not used to fine dining or expensive dining, I don't generally see the point in eating in those places when I can get something similar totally worth every cent.
I've learnt a hard lesson last year and I really want to walk with Him and hear Him this year. I guess I also have to also be prepared to receive the key to what I might think is the smallest door, and yet not be disappointed and trust Him whole heartedly that behind that small door leads the biggest garden ever, with fruits that I myself cannot even imagine.
****************
On a sidenote, went to eat at Genji Japanese Restaurant in PJ Hilton. Food was really expensive, not too shabby, a tad on the salty side and overall nothing to rave about.
No pictures cause I didn't have Doongie with me, and I tested my SE phone cam but the pics were too dark so I didn't bother. Mom had their teppanyaki bento which cost RM85--it came with teppan salmon, teppan chicken, teppan scallops, teppan mushrooms, salad, miso soup, chawan mushi, rice, pickles and fruits.
The teppan stuff was a bit on the salty side, so you have to have them with rice. Having said that, the overall teppan dishes were really nicely seasoned and flavourful. The salad and miso along with the fruits were a bit too much I would say. I mean, with all the dishes and rice and tea, we seriously had no space for the other stuff; but we ate them anyway cause the meal was expensive.
I had a beef katsudon that came with miso soup and pickles, along with a soft shell crab temaki. So the soft shell crab temaki cost RM13 and wasn't really worth the price. I mean, it tasted no different from a soft shell crab temaki I could eat for RM6 in Sushi Tei (in Tropicana City Mall)! I don't mean to diss but a temaki is a temaki and unless it's from Sushi King, it wouldn't go wrong.
Anyway, moving along. The beef katsudon was spectacular! The beef was surprisingly soft and tender; well cooked but not dry; flavourful and moist. It was weird tasting a beef katsudon for the first time ever but I'd say it sorta worked. Huge piece of beef too I might add, for RM48 it was a winner for me. It was more worth it than eating sushi which was RM20-30 for ONE PIECE! The otoro (tuna belly) sushi was RM55!
And yeah well, like I said, nothing to rave about.
Total bill came up to RM173 for 2 people! I guess I'm really not used to fine dining or expensive dining, I don't generally see the point in eating in those places when I can get something similar totally worth every cent.

Comments