Baked Goods Part 1
I love cooking in general, but when it comes to baking, I'd rather not.
You see, when you bake, you have this long list of things to prepare: ingredients, measurements of each ingredient, a mixer, flour sift, baking tray, a proper recipe, and the list goes on. Unless you're an avid baker and know some tricks of the trade, then you'll most probably be like me who needs extra prayers so that her baked goods will turn out well.
However, having Hari Raya open houses to attend or birthdays presents to buy WHILE not having much cash from last month's paycheque, Moon would always suggest baking something as a present.
Thus the adventure begins:
It was Mac's Birthday the end of September, and we decided to make him some nutella muffins. I got the recipe off the internet and it was fairly simple to make and not to mention tasty (come on, everyone loves nutella right?!)

The nutella was supposed to be swirled on top, but me and Moon thought it would be hard to package and we wanted to stack it in some nice plastic bag to give to Mac. So we ended up hiding the nutella in the centre. The top looked so bare that I photoshopped the picture and added my own little touches HAHA.
Anyhoo, seeing as to how easy it was, we baked a second batch for Arfah when we were invited to attend her open house. This time, we decorated the muffin top with Van Houten Chocolate Chips! I don't have a picture of it but it was good~~ The cake batter was a bit dry but we can work on that next time. Arfah even mentioned that her aunt said it was good and asked us how much we would charge to bake them next time LOL (do I hear business knocking on our doors?)
I still have my Japanese Strawberry Cake to blog about so stay tuned for part 2!
You see, when you bake, you have this long list of things to prepare: ingredients, measurements of each ingredient, a mixer, flour sift, baking tray, a proper recipe, and the list goes on. Unless you're an avid baker and know some tricks of the trade, then you'll most probably be like me who needs extra prayers so that her baked goods will turn out well.
However, having Hari Raya open houses to attend or birthdays presents to buy WHILE not having much cash from last month's paycheque, Moon would always suggest baking something as a present.
Thus the adventure begins:
It was Mac's Birthday the end of September, and we decided to make him some nutella muffins. I got the recipe off the internet and it was fairly simple to make and not to mention tasty (come on, everyone loves nutella right?!)

The nutella was supposed to be swirled on top, but me and Moon thought it would be hard to package and we wanted to stack it in some nice plastic bag to give to Mac. So we ended up hiding the nutella in the centre. The top looked so bare that I photoshopped the picture and added my own little touches HAHA.
Anyhoo, seeing as to how easy it was, we baked a second batch for Arfah when we were invited to attend her open house. This time, we decorated the muffin top with Van Houten Chocolate Chips! I don't have a picture of it but it was good~~ The cake batter was a bit dry but we can work on that next time. Arfah even mentioned that her aunt said it was good and asked us how much we would charge to bake them next time LOL (do I hear business knocking on our doors?)
I still have my Japanese Strawberry Cake to blog about so stay tuned for part 2!

Comments