Excel At Your Work
It's funny how God speaks to you when you expect it the least. Having said that though, you should always be ready to listen, just so you don't miss him even at the most unexpected moments.
I've met a few new people a few days ago and I was asked about my job again. I would tell them how my job is okay, it seems fun but there are unattached responsibilities and the sort (ultimately, I'd say I don't like my job). It's like my default answer to that question you know?
It was not until I had some free time the other day, that I had a change of heart towards how I felt about my job. After reading a few pages of the book "Walking With God" by John Eldridge, I decided to photoshop some of my pictures. While photoshoping, I listened to a podcast sermon I had downloaded a while back from CityLife Church, Australia. It's funny because I had actually listened to the first 5 minutes of the podcast before, but decided it was boring so I turned it off. That day however, I decided to listen to it again.
I didn't realise until much later that the title of the sermon was "Excel At Your Work" and the preacher talked a lot about how Daniel was put in the harshest of environments--a workplace where no one was a Christian but him--yet, he excelled in his work. The preacher talked about how we had ideal jobs in our minds and how working in different jobs teaches us about what we love to do, what we don't and where our passion lies.
God has given us gifts fit to do his work and wherever he puts us, we have to do our best as if serving Him. When we do our very best, we honour God. Instead of thinking that I dislike what I do and complain about it, thus not giving my best effort, I realised that I had to do the total opposite. Even though it was not something I'd like to do, I had to still give it my very best to honor God.
Having listened to the whole sermon, I felt like I had learnt a new lesson about my life and the decisions I make. I really Thank God for letting me learn so much from that sermon when I needed it the most. I want to excel in my work :)
I've met a few new people a few days ago and I was asked about my job again. I would tell them how my job is okay, it seems fun but there are unattached responsibilities and the sort (ultimately, I'd say I don't like my job). It's like my default answer to that question you know?
It was not until I had some free time the other day, that I had a change of heart towards how I felt about my job. After reading a few pages of the book "Walking With God" by John Eldridge, I decided to photoshop some of my pictures. While photoshoping, I listened to a podcast sermon I had downloaded a while back from CityLife Church, Australia. It's funny because I had actually listened to the first 5 minutes of the podcast before, but decided it was boring so I turned it off. That day however, I decided to listen to it again.
I didn't realise until much later that the title of the sermon was "Excel At Your Work" and the preacher talked a lot about how Daniel was put in the harshest of environments--a workplace where no one was a Christian but him--yet, he excelled in his work. The preacher talked about how we had ideal jobs in our minds and how working in different jobs teaches us about what we love to do, what we don't and where our passion lies.
God has given us gifts fit to do his work and wherever he puts us, we have to do our best as if serving Him. When we do our very best, we honour God. Instead of thinking that I dislike what I do and complain about it, thus not giving my best effort, I realised that I had to do the total opposite. Even though it was not something I'd like to do, I had to still give it my very best to honor God.
Having listened to the whole sermon, I felt like I had learnt a new lesson about my life and the decisions I make. I really Thank God for letting me learn so much from that sermon when I needed it the most. I want to excel in my work :)

Comments