vent

OH MY GOSH I TELL U I HATE STUPID PEOPLE AND PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY ARE ALL THAT!

Okay, the story goes like this. I was given a forum moderator position in Stargaze and okay, so my Korean is not the best but heck I make do with an online dictionary and also the grammar knowledge I've been taught so far. So then I translated a few cyworld entries by css members and posted them up on the forum. UNTIL I got a message from the admin (this girl better not say her name in case she googles and reads this post). Anyway, this girl let's call her sunnylilly asks me "shuling, did u translate using a online translator? They're wrong!" OKAY FINEEEEE, it was a first time for me to post n translate so okay, if u say so then heck you must have better Korean than me. So then I explained I learned Korean before which is why I translated it. Then she said "no no, it's wrong. I have corrected it," and I apologised for giving her extra work cause she had to go through my posts and correct them. At the same time, I went to check and I felt that there was nothing amiss with my translation and I checked what was her version of the translation. Her version was absurdly weird and the pieces do not even fit in to explain anything. Like come on, an online dictionary/dictionary is there for a reason. If people relied on their "knowledge" alone then no one would NEED a dictionary, and there wouldn't be a correct pinpoint to what was right and wrong.

Bah, let me continue. So then okay fine, that was over. I then posted another post and updated again, this time I made sure my translation was right. AGAIN sunnylilly came and told me it's wrong and she changed everything, EVERYTHING! NOTHING NOT ONE WAS RIGHT EVEN THINGS with 4 characters! COME ON! HOW WRONG CAN I BE?! Then after I really got pissed and I asked her saying doesn't "blablabla mean this?" and she said "no, Korean is very hard, there are a lot of translation for one thing, I asked my Korean friend". So okay lo, you got Korean friend to ask I dun have you have more credibility right? Ask Jess and you will know how much I've complained to her, also this made me give up wanting to even update anything and even enter the forum (I don't enter it often on a usual basis already and now it's worse).

Today, I decided to go in and read again and randomly clicked on one post and the translation made me confused. I checked on the online dictionary and well the online dictionary's definition made more sense in the sentence than her translation did. Seriously I'm so mad, if you're not right, you're just NOT! And I hate the fact that no one is standing up to this ridiculous thing! These people are just like passively receiving whatever crap that is fed to them. Okay I will cut her some slack, I read other translations and they are right plus they make sense so she's not all wrong and no right either. But come on, I just want a fair trial here and not one person who justifies if a translation is wrong! Like seriously I feel this bias because I've never been right! NEVER...and I'm never always wrong... =_="

So yes, that venting helped. I've decided to still close both eyes and ignore though it makes me angry. Cause I have no "witnesses" or "evidences" that she's wrong (cause she doesn't even look at the dictionary) so I have nothing NOTHING to prove my innocence. Unjust prevails.

Comments

Popular Posts