I just finished my "presentation" on well my website (which is one assignment for my COMU2010 subject) this morning and yeah well it was good! I'm expecting good marks hahaha...

My lecturer actually purposely made me talk and walk them through the website cause hah well I'm the Asian and he reckons I talk to little in a group and he wants to test if I know what's going on. There were these 2 hongkies in my course who were hand picked to speak in class to present some ideas of the group in class and cause they're english isn't that good they had quite a hard time. I was okay and I reckon I did well ahhaha. They can't get me! I took public speaking k! Impromptu speech also I did!

Anyway, the lecturer was like asking what some of my groupmates have got out of the whole course and they were saying how they got to do a pitch which helped them in the "real world" where they had to do pitches. At the back of my mind flashed across images of me having to do group presentations back home in Malaysia ALL THE TIME. I somehow feel like hey, I got more experience than them and come to think of it most of the subjects in Uni here don't require you to do group presentations and stuff like that. I'm kind of grateful that I have these skills and you know what, Malaysia's Education System isn't that bad after all!

Another thing that i really wanted to say but didn't manage to to my lecturers was when they were talking about how myspace is so widely used by ppl and there are 17 million ppl who use myspace. I was like no, where I come from people use friendster and if myspace died, there are so many programs like myspace which could and would most probably take over in no time (he was also asking the students if they knew how it would be like without myspace). So yeah, there are very different cultures and I start to see things from a different point of view. I wouldn't stay here in a million years seriously. I love home, I love Malaysia.

Comments

Popular Posts