Orenji Family

Had a good meet-up session yesterday with half of the Orenji Family members although things were pretty screwed at the start where we couldn't get tickets to watch this season's blockbuster 2012 (the lines were crazy and everything was almost sold out). All went well though, because we traded movie time for some catch-up and well deserved bonding time.

We picked Chilis, where we could smack our butts and not move for the next hour or so with bottomless tostada chips and drinks on top of dinner. It was an unpleasant hour plus wait for our seats cause we were in a big group of 7. And people who frequent Chilis think the way we do-- you sit, eat, and chat however long you want, regardless of the queue waiting outside.

Anyway, when we finally got our seats, everyone was ready to order and we moved on to happier things LOL. Kak Bailah was like Santa Bailah, where she had prepared all these gifts for us and managed to surprise the lucky recipients--me included :D

Highlight of the night was the squeals from Moon, myself and Jess when we got our goodies--all bigger than the one before. Moon was the first to open her present, and a cute little pair of Totoro chopsticks and its container unveiled itself under the present papers. I was trying to remove the scotch tape from mine at the same time, excited with what I would find under the same patterned wrapper.

The moment I realised it was a CD wrapped in bubble wrap, I stopped and let out repeated cries saying "OMG is it what I think it is?" Well of course, if it was a CD from Japan I would be thinking of CSS's single that I wanted to ask Kak Bailah to get for me before she left but didn't. I unwrapped the bubble wrap and I was sooooooooooooooo glad to find the Superstar~Reborn~ single beneath.























The CD came with a trading card--a card with a picture of any one member or even a group picture. Bottomline, it was like a lucky draw where you never know what you're going to get. What came to my mind was if I open the envelope containing the card and it was my favourite member, that would really mean a lot to me. But again, I don't like to get my hopes up high on such things.

I tore open the envelope and pulled the card out slowly, having the card face Shar and Jess so I would be less disappointed after reading their reactions first. As I watched their expressions, Shar's face totally went from normal to :D and she was nodding! I quickly turned the card around to see, but it was only the body. I couldn't tell if it was Gunil so I decided to just take the card out. Lo and behold, there he was.

This is when I cue the fangirl wails and little outbursts of joy.

Shar was like "I saw the baju and I knew it was Gunil", and she was right!!! Moon told me right after that the guy from another table turned to look at me when I let out my not-so-soft fangirl scream. He must've wondered what got me so excited HAHA.

After mine was the big present--Jess's A9 Concert DVD, something she's been waiting for since August, if I remember correctly. She opened it after her meal and we all got to see the contents of this brown box flown in from Japan. (The packaging was amazing btw, and we're gonna get to watch the concert together coming Saturday)

You know, I realised something.

It's really funny when others watch the Orenjis open their CD/DVD orders because we'll really got nuts over it finally arriving, how gorgeous the album and the pictures inside look, even down to the print on the disc itself. We let out fangirl cries and go gaga over our things and leave with a happy grin plastered on our faces.

If one were to ask how much a CD/Album would mean to us, we'd tell them that our understanding of whether something is worth the money or not is when we convert it how many CDs we can buy.

Comments

farah said…
Santa Bailah with Arfah and me as the Elves. xDD

(your CD's fully sponsored by the Santa, though. hehe.)

Popular Posts