Inadequacy
After so many years of having to be better
Keep telling yourself it's okay, it doesn't matter
Trying to be fun, loving and happy
Tried so hard, and yet you feel crappy
I'm not good enough, you tell yourself these
Then smack yourself awake, coming out of it without much ease
As you look at other people, you're reminded of it
As you look at other people, you know you don't deserve it
I want to hide, shy away from the world
I want to cry, drown the hurt if I could
I want to be, someone I'll never be
I want to be loved, I want to be me
The feeling slowly eats you inside
No longer can you push them aside
Feeling lost and hopeless, you kneel down and pray
Please take the feelings, take them away
Make me happy, lively again
The confidence I've lost I need to regain
I want to hide, shy away from the world
I want to cry, drown the hurt if I could
I want to be, someone I'll never be
I want to be loved, I want to be me
Then a small voice whispers in the heavens saying "I love you"
You look up in awe and things no longer seem blue
Those three words were all you needed to hear
Feeling so much happier, your eyes start to tear
Telling someone you love them is a start
Then loving them unconditionally, saying you'll never part
They will realize, realize that they are loved
They will realize, realize that they can be loved
They will know, know all that they are worth
They will know, cause there's no one like them on earth
Keep telling yourself it's okay, it doesn't matter
Trying to be fun, loving and happy
Tried so hard, and yet you feel crappy
I'm not good enough, you tell yourself these
Then smack yourself awake, coming out of it without much ease
As you look at other people, you're reminded of it
As you look at other people, you know you don't deserve it
I want to hide, shy away from the world
I want to cry, drown the hurt if I could
I want to be, someone I'll never be
I want to be loved, I want to be me
The feeling slowly eats you inside
No longer can you push them aside
Feeling lost and hopeless, you kneel down and pray
Please take the feelings, take them away
Make me happy, lively again
The confidence I've lost I need to regain
I want to hide, shy away from the world
I want to cry, drown the hurt if I could
I want to be, someone I'll never be
I want to be loved, I want to be me
Then a small voice whispers in the heavens saying "I love you"
You look up in awe and things no longer seem blue
Those three words were all you needed to hear
Feeling so much happier, your eyes start to tear
Telling someone you love them is a start
Then loving them unconditionally, saying you'll never part
They will realize, realize that they are loved
They will realize, realize that they can be loved
They will know, know all that they are worth
They will know, cause there's no one like them on earth

Comments