Breataking, Amazing, Lavish, Incomparable
You know the type of weddings you see in dramas and maybe movies where the wedding venue is breathtaking, everything is handmade and expensive looking? Ian & Pei Yin’s were exactly like that.
I arrived late on a Friday night and was excited to meet my old friends from Brisbane—I literally screamed with joy seeing Ames and Charm :) I was so excited I forgot all about my torturous immigration wait and was all excited about going to their room to chat and catch up.
Anyway, back to the wedding.

The ride from our hotel to the most luxurious villa in Bali (according to the Tatler I might add), was a 15 minute car ride through tiny lanes and into an area where only weeds would thrive. But like how all mystical tales are, behind the weeds and bushes was the most amazing place I’d ever seen. What greeted me when I went in was the infinity pool, a real one!

Khayangan Estate is a private estate with only 6 villas on its grounds, and each villa has a characteristic of its own. The bathroom and layout of each of the villas are different, but I would say that they have a common "open" concept, as seen from their open concept bathrooms. The service there was amazing as well, there was a butler on call almost 24 hours; BUT they all come with a heavy price tag.




Needless to say, the view of the area was amazing :)

This was the aisle Pei Yin walked down for her ceremony. It was really different from my cousin's garden wedding ceremony (maybe it was because it was Bali vs Saujana Resort LOL) When I thought I've seen how nice garden weddings can get, this one took the cake.

Ian actually prepared a surprise song for Pei Yin, which left one of the girls I shared a room with humming non stop since the wedding! She mentioned how she would want her husband to sing that same song to her, so I guess Ian made the right song choice (despite him not being able to hit some notes).

As the sun set, the sky turned into a pretty blue and by this time, most of the girls' feet were hurting from the heels we were wearing.

Dinner was well different... Most Chinese weddings have the typical Chinese course but theirs was Balinese food and Indonesian specialities. Being Malaysians and Singaporeans, most of us were not used to the food I guess. But Pei Yin was really lucky because her aunt was amazing enough to make her cake for her!

All in all, it was a great getaway and I'm grateful for the chance to be a part of this wedding :) Thanks for trusting me to the polaroid pictures Pei Yin, I think I want to get myself a Fujifilm Instax Wide now...
p/s: if you didn't realise, the title shortens to B.A.L.I
I arrived late on a Friday night and was excited to meet my old friends from Brisbane—I literally screamed with joy seeing Ames and Charm :) I was so excited I forgot all about my torturous immigration wait and was all excited about going to their room to chat and catch up.
Anyway, back to the wedding.

The ride from our hotel to the most luxurious villa in Bali (according to the Tatler I might add), was a 15 minute car ride through tiny lanes and into an area where only weeds would thrive. But like how all mystical tales are, behind the weeds and bushes was the most amazing place I’d ever seen. What greeted me when I went in was the infinity pool, a real one!

Khayangan Estate is a private estate with only 6 villas on its grounds, and each villa has a characteristic of its own. The bathroom and layout of each of the villas are different, but I would say that they have a common "open" concept, as seen from their open concept bathrooms. The service there was amazing as well, there was a butler on call almost 24 hours; BUT they all come with a heavy price tag.




Needless to say, the view of the area was amazing :)

This was the aisle Pei Yin walked down for her ceremony. It was really different from my cousin's garden wedding ceremony (maybe it was because it was Bali vs Saujana Resort LOL) When I thought I've seen how nice garden weddings can get, this one took the cake.

Ian actually prepared a surprise song for Pei Yin, which left one of the girls I shared a room with humming non stop since the wedding! She mentioned how she would want her husband to sing that same song to her, so I guess Ian made the right song choice (despite him not being able to hit some notes).

As the sun set, the sky turned into a pretty blue and by this time, most of the girls' feet were hurting from the heels we were wearing.

Dinner was well different... Most Chinese weddings have the typical Chinese course but theirs was Balinese food and Indonesian specialities. Being Malaysians and Singaporeans, most of us were not used to the food I guess. But Pei Yin was really lucky because her aunt was amazing enough to make her cake for her!

All in all, it was a great getaway and I'm grateful for the chance to be a part of this wedding :) Thanks for trusting me to the polaroid pictures Pei Yin, I think I want to get myself a Fujifilm Instax Wide now...
p/s: if you didn't realise, the title shortens to B.A.L.I

Comments