Panchan: Pan = Bread
If you don't already know, I'm on a long weekend break from work cause my bosses have gone to Thailand for holiday.
What did I do with my time? I shopped, ate and cooked :) I love being able to pamper myself and make yummy food again~
I'd have to separate these into 3 different posts and update on my happening weekend; despite me being sick, I might add!
I love to blog about food, so ehem let's backlog with me and moon's cooking today, which consisted of me and my chives sourcream cheese bread and her not-so-sticky cheerios treats.
We went to the Village Grocer @ Bangsar on Friday -- I wanted to buy some clothes from the boutiques @ Bangsar and we wanted to check out D'lish.
It so happens that D'lish is located inside the Village Grocer, so we had to go in. And being us, we went crazy when we saw all the imported products LOL. We wailed at everything from berries to beef looking at their prices, it was quite funny.
I was so tempted to buy the chives initially because it was fresh and really cheap. When I decided to get the chives, I immediately thought about buying the light sour cream I saw in the yoghurt section as well -- chives and sour cream, an unbeatable combination.
So after getting my chives and sour cream, I didn't know what to do with them. I thought about making scrambled eggs with chives and sour cream, then I realised with the amount of sour cream I have, I'd be cooking 10 over meals of scrambled eggs to use it up.
I changed my mind and decided to make chives and sourcream bread instead -- I remembered the yummy breakfast I had in gunshop cafe back in West End and I wanted to make a similar savoury bread (the one I had in gunshop cafe was cornbread btw).
And so I present to you my baby ♥

Okay well not loads of cheese but some cheese.
The bread was a bit moist looking maybe because of the sour cream in it; though it does look a bit under-baked. I tried baking it longer to see if the texture would look any different but it didn't change, so I guess it was supposed to look like that after all.
Moonchan on the other hand made cheerios treats, which took her quite a bit of time cause they kept falling apart when she tried taking them out of the muffin trays she was baking them in. The last batch of tightly pressed cheerios came out fine though, and here's how they looked.

I like this pic cause it looks so pro!
They kinda fell apart still, but not as bad as the first batch. This batch was a mixture of the first batch and the leftover ones, tightly pressed together.
Moonchan also made ddukbokgi with dychan's recipe: using tomato sauce and gochujang. It was pretty okay, nothing special LOL.
I think when lyndy comes down from penang, we're gonna have a lot more cooking sessions @ my place.
What did I do with my time? I shopped, ate and cooked :) I love being able to pamper myself and make yummy food again~
I'd have to separate these into 3 different posts and update on my happening weekend; despite me being sick, I might add!
I love to blog about food, so ehem let's backlog with me and moon's cooking today, which consisted of me and my chives sourcream cheese bread and her not-so-sticky cheerios treats.
We went to the Village Grocer @ Bangsar on Friday -- I wanted to buy some clothes from the boutiques @ Bangsar and we wanted to check out D'lish.
It so happens that D'lish is located inside the Village Grocer, so we had to go in. And being us, we went crazy when we saw all the imported products LOL. We wailed at everything from berries to beef looking at their prices, it was quite funny.
I was so tempted to buy the chives initially because it was fresh and really cheap. When I decided to get the chives, I immediately thought about buying the light sour cream I saw in the yoghurt section as well -- chives and sour cream, an unbeatable combination.
So after getting my chives and sour cream, I didn't know what to do with them. I thought about making scrambled eggs with chives and sour cream, then I realised with the amount of sour cream I have, I'd be cooking 10 over meals of scrambled eggs to use it up.
I changed my mind and decided to make chives and sourcream bread instead -- I remembered the yummy breakfast I had in gunshop cafe back in West End and I wanted to make a similar savoury bread (the one I had in gunshop cafe was cornbread btw).
And so I present to you my baby ♥

Okay well not loads of cheese but some cheese.
The bread was a bit moist looking maybe because of the sour cream in it; though it does look a bit under-baked. I tried baking it longer to see if the texture would look any different but it didn't change, so I guess it was supposed to look like that after all.
Moonchan on the other hand made cheerios treats, which took her quite a bit of time cause they kept falling apart when she tried taking them out of the muffin trays she was baking them in. The last batch of tightly pressed cheerios came out fine though, and here's how they looked.

I like this pic cause it looks so pro!
They kinda fell apart still, but not as bad as the first batch. This batch was a mixture of the first batch and the leftover ones, tightly pressed together.
Moonchan also made ddukbokgi with dychan's recipe: using tomato sauce and gochujang. It was pretty okay, nothing special LOL.
I think when lyndy comes down from penang, we're gonna have a lot more cooking sessions @ my place.

Comments