oh my gawd she's married!

This has been bothering me for a while, ever since my cousin got married last year I should say. Why are some people willing to marry at the tender age of their early twenties?
The first cousin I had that got married was 25, that I can understand cause for me the "suitable-for-marriage" age is 24 or 25. Then last year, I had to rush back for my paternal side cousin's wedding--she was only 23. To me, I'm like thinking she has only graduated and worked for about a year, her husband is the same age and he can't afford to buy a car, what more a house for his new family. My cousin-in-law proposed because he was scared my cousin would "run away" or be wooed by some other guy. She's very pretty I might add so okay fine, valid reason for him but not a valid reason for her to get married to some guy who wants her to move in with his parents and stay in his room.
Then, this is the big one, the bomb--an ex-high school mate who just got married recently and is my age. Her husband is
Not to say that I'm biased towards early marriage but seriously, one has to think of the future no? You can't rely on your parents to care for your family because they've been caring for you since forever! And I thought only aussies would get married at 21 since they mature waaaay earlier and get cut off from parental support once they're out of high school. And this couple didn't even make the mistake of making a baby! So WHY?!

Comments