Hmm, I have a thought. A few thoughts actually. Being of an age where you're going to graduate and work, there are a lot of things to think about. Seeing other people my age achieve great things in life sort of fuels the dreams I have for myself in some way or another. Nope, people around me do not just graduate from Accounting and work in the Big Four; they're traveling the world and meeting various people, then coming back to an old bunch of friends where they share their life's experiences.
Talking about my dreams is not something I tend to do a lot because of the usual fear of failing or maybe ending up with some normal bank job. I don't discriminate people who have a bank job or those who keep true to the accounting and medicine courses but I don't want to be normal. And here is where the thought comes in: But I am normal and somewhat not outstanding enough to be special in any way. Then other thoughts build on that thought and I have a though decision of whether I want a safe and secure life (do the norm and stay overseas) or I want a life full of glamour and challenges (come back and work here, see how far I can go). And when I am thinking of those things, I have to also think about the money issue and how am I gonna earn my first big buck. No wonder Peter Pan never wanted to grow up.
I always wonder how the people I know made their life changing choices. Did they consult their friends and family? Did they do it based on a gut feeling? Did they realise they have a passion for that something and went for it? Did they have a backup plan B in case their plan A, gut based decision failed? Seeing people that have a dream and ending up with bank jobs also make me wonder if they saw something or realised something that made them pick the safer route. Not to mention how parents would add that the safer route guarantees big bucks sometimes too.
These pressing question marks and thoughts cannot be left unanswered so I guess my first decision would be to do well, graduate, come back to Malaysia and pick it up from there. You can never be to prepared for anything.
Talking about my dreams is not something I tend to do a lot because of the usual fear of failing or maybe ending up with some normal bank job. I don't discriminate people who have a bank job or those who keep true to the accounting and medicine courses but I don't want to be normal. And here is where the thought comes in: But I am normal and somewhat not outstanding enough to be special in any way. Then other thoughts build on that thought and I have a though decision of whether I want a safe and secure life (do the norm and stay overseas) or I want a life full of glamour and challenges (come back and work here, see how far I can go). And when I am thinking of those things, I have to also think about the money issue and how am I gonna earn my first big buck. No wonder Peter Pan never wanted to grow up.
I always wonder how the people I know made their life changing choices. Did they consult their friends and family? Did they do it based on a gut feeling? Did they realise they have a passion for that something and went for it? Did they have a backup plan B in case their plan A, gut based decision failed? Seeing people that have a dream and ending up with bank jobs also make me wonder if they saw something or realised something that made them pick the safer route. Not to mention how parents would add that the safer route guarantees big bucks sometimes too.
These pressing question marks and thoughts cannot be left unanswered so I guess my first decision would be to do well, graduate, come back to Malaysia and pick it up from there. You can never be to prepared for anything.

Comments