Super Long Post
It's funny how God is slowly teaching me to be more forgiving...
Yesterday in church Pastor Lai Ling was talking about how there was once she was going to take one of her major exam papers and so she decided to sleep early. However, no matter how much she tried, she just couldn't sleep. God reminded her of this one colleague whom she had never completely forgiven because this person did things which to her which she didn't like. She fought with God and it was true that no matter how much she said she had forgiven this colleague, she had never TOTALLY forgiven the person. She was asking God why he had to make her go through this when she had a major paper tmr and why couldn't He have done it another day. However, God's timing is always right and Pastor Lai Ling prayed about it then truly forgave this person. After that, she managed to sleep like a baby through the whole night.
My room mate has been setting her alarm at odd hours and waking me up from my sleep every now and then. I have put them aside because usually these are like Saturdays, Sundays or days when I didn't need to go out and so it didn't really matter. Last night I wanted to sleep early so I would have enough sleep for this morning's class at 10. I went to bed at 11 and set my hp alarm to 8.30 a.m. the next morning.
I was awaken by the sound of my room mate's alarm. Her hp alarm is the kind where the longer you leave it, the louder it becomes; she's the kind that won't notice her alarm is ringing until it's really loud, and I'm the kind who wakes up at any sound. Anyway, cut the long story short, I checked my phone and it was only 4 a.m and her alarm was already ringing. It got into snooze mode so it would ring again every 15 mins or so. I got agitated because my plan of sleeping was disturbed and I couldn't go back to sleep. I told myself that if that thing rings one more time I'm gonna go out of the room and sleep in the living room cause I can't stand it ringing every now and then.
It rang another time and I took my pillow and went out of the room.
Outside, I couldn't sleep...I was angry beyond words and cursing in my head trying to figure out why on earth did she need to set the alarm so early when she didn't even have class. Then I remembered she had her assignment to hand in and she must've set the alarm earlier to wake up and do. I prayed for patience, understanding and love towards the situation. I even asked God to give her understanding and consideration for others like me. However I was reminded of Pastor Lai Ling's story and went like "please don't tell me I have to do the same thing?"
In the end, I stopped cursing in my head and surrendered to God. I told Him and promised Him I would forgive her from the depths of my heart and also not relate this story to others in a complaining way to defame her that kind of thing. I repeatedly prayed and told God I really forgive her and prayed that she will be able to finish her assignment and do it to the best of her ability. After that short prayer I felt my whole mind and body relax and went to sleep.
I realised holding on to a grudge or hate is so much more painful than letting things go. By letting things go I felt my whole day was better and I realised it wasn't such a big deal after all.
1) Got back one assignment and I was so worried initially for one of the questions which I thought I answered wrongly because my group mates were talking about it and both agreed the answer to be something else than what I wrote. I finally got back the assignment today and when I looked at it, I got full marks for that question and the answer that I answered was precisely what the marking criteria stated and the answer that my group mates agreed on that day was actually wrong. Anyway, Thank God for a 17.3/20.
2) Thank God that He answered my prayer and blessed Yin. She got through SIA and will go for training in spore soon. God Bless Yin! I will always pray for you.
3) Thank God for a chance to go to DBSK's concert. Even though I wanted a more expensive ticket, my mom was willing to pay if I took the RM100 (cheapest) seats with her and my sis. I relented a little because even though I don't think I can see anything from there, I thank God I'm not as materialistic as I was and a chance to go is good enough because God is good enough and if it is His will, all things will happen in due time.
Anyway, another little update is hahah Kim Hyun Jung finally wore the t-shirt I sent to him! I was in such great shock because it was just a few days back (4/10) when he posted a pic of him in a NIKE t-shirt and the bottom words were "a present from a fan". I complained to Jess, Sheryl and Moon (maybe) that he wore other fan given t-shirts but didn't wear mine and it was soooooooo long ago.
I remember how I told Jess maybe he didn't wear it cause a Giordano Disney series t-shirt wasn't a brand like NIKE and I even told Sheryl he's unappreciative and I'm not gonna send anything anymore. But of course I had to eat my own words when on the 7/10 I checked his cyworld cause it was updated and I saw that he posted on (6/10): a new pic of himself.
I didn't notice at first cause he usually titles his pictures by the dates they were taken. I looked at the pic, not noticing it was my t-shirt until I looked closer and went like "EH! THAT'S THE T-SHIRT I SENT" then read the caption which said "A present sent from Australia, Disney T-shirt" I went hysterical (it's hyperbole, of course I didn't really go hysterical. I did smile the whole time though) and then posted a somewhat "acknowledging he wore the t-shirt" kind of message in his visitor board.
That was yesterday.
Today, I saw he updated his cy AGAIN. I mean there's this notification every time I log in which tells me which of my friends updated (he's in my friends list if you don't know and I only have 3) Anyway, so I checked and woah, he changed his display picture (the picture you see on the left hand side when you click open his cyworld) from him in that NIKE t-shirt (which I complained about to my friends that he wore and didn't wear mine) to my tigger t-shirt! Why is this gasoo so nice? I really want him and Tykeys to be the best and famous out there because I have never seen such a nice gasoo! *gasoo = singer* I am so gonna buy Tykeys's album and let him earn the money he deserves.
Yesterday in church Pastor Lai Ling was talking about how there was once she was going to take one of her major exam papers and so she decided to sleep early. However, no matter how much she tried, she just couldn't sleep. God reminded her of this one colleague whom she had never completely forgiven because this person did things which to her which she didn't like. She fought with God and it was true that no matter how much she said she had forgiven this colleague, she had never TOTALLY forgiven the person. She was asking God why he had to make her go through this when she had a major paper tmr and why couldn't He have done it another day. However, God's timing is always right and Pastor Lai Ling prayed about it then truly forgave this person. After that, she managed to sleep like a baby through the whole night.
My room mate has been setting her alarm at odd hours and waking me up from my sleep every now and then. I have put them aside because usually these are like Saturdays, Sundays or days when I didn't need to go out and so it didn't really matter. Last night I wanted to sleep early so I would have enough sleep for this morning's class at 10. I went to bed at 11 and set my hp alarm to 8.30 a.m. the next morning.
I was awaken by the sound of my room mate's alarm. Her hp alarm is the kind where the longer you leave it, the louder it becomes; she's the kind that won't notice her alarm is ringing until it's really loud, and I'm the kind who wakes up at any sound. Anyway, cut the long story short, I checked my phone and it was only 4 a.m and her alarm was already ringing. It got into snooze mode so it would ring again every 15 mins or so. I got agitated because my plan of sleeping was disturbed and I couldn't go back to sleep. I told myself that if that thing rings one more time I'm gonna go out of the room and sleep in the living room cause I can't stand it ringing every now and then.
It rang another time and I took my pillow and went out of the room.
Outside, I couldn't sleep...I was angry beyond words and cursing in my head trying to figure out why on earth did she need to set the alarm so early when she didn't even have class. Then I remembered she had her assignment to hand in and she must've set the alarm earlier to wake up and do. I prayed for patience, understanding and love towards the situation. I even asked God to give her understanding and consideration for others like me. However I was reminded of Pastor Lai Ling's story and went like "please don't tell me I have to do the same thing?"
In the end, I stopped cursing in my head and surrendered to God. I told Him and promised Him I would forgive her from the depths of my heart and also not relate this story to others in a complaining way to defame her that kind of thing. I repeatedly prayed and told God I really forgive her and prayed that she will be able to finish her assignment and do it to the best of her ability. After that short prayer I felt my whole mind and body relax and went to sleep.
I realised holding on to a grudge or hate is so much more painful than letting things go. By letting things go I felt my whole day was better and I realised it wasn't such a big deal after all.
***********
Things to thank God for:1) Got back one assignment and I was so worried initially for one of the questions which I thought I answered wrongly because my group mates were talking about it and both agreed the answer to be something else than what I wrote. I finally got back the assignment today and when I looked at it, I got full marks for that question and the answer that I answered was precisely what the marking criteria stated and the answer that my group mates agreed on that day was actually wrong. Anyway, Thank God for a 17.3/20.
2) Thank God that He answered my prayer and blessed Yin. She got through SIA and will go for training in spore soon. God Bless Yin! I will always pray for you.
3) Thank God for a chance to go to DBSK's concert. Even though I wanted a more expensive ticket, my mom was willing to pay if I took the RM100 (cheapest) seats with her and my sis. I relented a little because even though I don't think I can see anything from there, I thank God I'm not as materialistic as I was and a chance to go is good enough because God is good enough and if it is His will, all things will happen in due time.
***********
Anyway, another little update is hahah Kim Hyun Jung finally wore the t-shirt I sent to him! I was in such great shock because it was just a few days back (4/10) when he posted a pic of him in a NIKE t-shirt and the bottom words were "a present from a fan". I complained to Jess, Sheryl and Moon (maybe) that he wore other fan given t-shirts but didn't wear mine and it was soooooooo long ago.
I remember how I told Jess maybe he didn't wear it cause a Giordano Disney series t-shirt wasn't a brand like NIKE and I even told Sheryl he's unappreciative and I'm not gonna send anything anymore. But of course I had to eat my own words when on the 7/10 I checked his cyworld cause it was updated and I saw that he posted on (6/10): a new pic of himself.
I didn't notice at first cause he usually titles his pictures by the dates they were taken. I looked at the pic, not noticing it was my t-shirt until I looked closer and went like "EH! THAT'S THE T-SHIRT I SENT" then read the caption which said "A present sent from Australia, Disney T-shirt" I went hysterical (it's hyperbole, of course I didn't really go hysterical. I did smile the whole time though) and then posted a somewhat "acknowledging he wore the t-shirt" kind of message in his visitor board.
That was yesterday.
Today, I saw he updated his cy AGAIN. I mean there's this notification every time I log in which tells me which of my friends updated (he's in my friends list if you don't know and I only have 3) Anyway, so I checked and woah, he changed his display picture (the picture you see on the left hand side when you click open his cyworld) from him in that NIKE t-shirt (which I complained about to my friends that he wore and didn't wear mine) to my tigger t-shirt! Why is this gasoo so nice? I really want him and Tykeys to be the best and famous out there because I have never seen such a nice gasoo! *gasoo = singer* I am so gonna buy Tykeys's album and let him earn the money he deserves.

Comments