Christmas Cookies

For Christmas this year, Moonchan suggested we bake our bosses cookies--and thus a post on my first ever attempt on cut out cookies and Moonchan's first ever attempt on a pressed cookies.

I've always wanted to make cut out cookies, what with all the cute cut out cookies that have pretty icing over them, I even bought a few cookie cutters from Daiso in anticipation that one day I will actually make them!















Basic sugar rolled butter cookies and nutella filled pressed cookies.

Moon found this really nice butter cookie recipe on allrecipes and she's made them once, so we went with this recipe. This recipe allowed us to make variations of cut out cookies and basic sugar rolled cookies to pressed cookies. We decided to try it out since my mom has this cookie press set with a Christmas Tree pattern on it--perfect for Christmas!















Close up of the nutella filled press cookies.

I had leftover nutella from a while ago, so I made some sandwiches out of the cookies, and we ended up sandwiching all the Christmas Tree shaped cookies and a few others.















Flower shaped pressed cookies and Rabbit shaped cut out cookies.

The cut out cookies were really hard to make since Malaysia's weather is really hot and the dough has to be chilled, making it hard enough to cut out the cookies. The dough softened really quickly in this weather and I had to freeze it every other minute in order to cut out more cookies. It's tough work and I think I won't be trying it again anytime soon.















Moonchan hard at work.

Here you can see more basic sugar rolled butter cookies and some bunny cut out cookies, our first batch I suppose. Waaaaay before we warmed up to the cookie press (:















All packed and ready to go.

After warming up to the cookie press, we made a whole new batch of cookies using a flower shaped cookie press. This one was filled with the flower shaped cookies for an actor for Christmas.

I definitely have more pics of the various other shapes and cookies we made, but I think this is sufficient to show the amount of work we put in to make these cookies (we doubled the recipe okay!). I'm going to have to pack these cookies into little gifts for some friends and bring some over to Shanghai for my family. Let's just hope the cookies don't break into crumbs on the plane yeah?

Comments